Practice Areas and Professional Experience
Enda is the founder and principal solicitor in Mallin O’Toole Law Firm, a Commercial Litigation and Dispute Resolution practice, where he focuses on both contentious and advisery property based matters, with a special interest in the law of landlord and tenant.
Recent cases before the Commercial Court managed by Enda include;
- High value contract dispute regarding the sale of a shopping centre – instructed by national bank.
- Complex planning Judicial review dispute against the Minister for the Environment challenging rezoning of high value development land.
- High value contract dispute regarding the completion of nursing home and ancillary units – instructed by international bank.
- Specific performance proceedings against syndicate of investors, instructed by national bank.
- Complex litigation involving tracing of funds and recovery of land following breakdown of joint venture, instructed by national bank.
- Dispute against local authority regarding Part V obligations.
- Judicial Review challenging decision of the Minister for the Marine regarding Foreshore Licence.
- Acted for semi state body regarding contentious joint venture dispute.
- Contentious share purchase dispute involving breach of obligations to purchase property.
(A significant minority of these contentious matters were resolved through formal Mediation, resulting in an enforceable settlement.)
Other recent experience includes:
- Supreme Court appeal challenging to the constitutionality of certain aspects of the Landlord and Tenant (Amendment) Act, 1984.
-Various high value Chancery matters determined through Arbitration regarding contentious Landlord and Tenant matters, Specific Performance, Boundary disputes, Trespass, Rights of way and Lease Renewal rights.
- Defending claims of legal professional negligence on behalf of Professional Indemnity Provider regarding numerous high value High Court matters.
- Acted for state body regarding Judicial Review proceedings regarding challenge to decision making protocols.
Enda has been professionally qualified since 1996 and trained, qualified and practiced as a barrister in Ireland before qualifying as a solicitor. Enda has also completed and passed a course of studies on the law of property and conveyancing in England and Wales with the Incorporated Law Society and has been admitted to the Roll of Solicitors in England and Wales.
- Trinity College Dublin – LLB (Hons)
- Honorable Society of the King’s Inns – Degree of Barrister-at-Law
- The Law Society of Ireland – Admitted to the Roll of Solicitors
- The Law Society of England and Wales – Admitted to the Roll of Solicitors
- Member of the Honorable Society of the King’s Inns
- Member of the Dublin Solicitors Bar Association
- Member of the Incorporated Law Society of Ireland
- Member of the Property Litigation Association of England and Wales
- Member of the Commercial Litigation Association of Ireland
- Member of the Law Society of England and Wales